Sunday, December 30, 2018

My wife is a relative of H. G. Wells...


 H. G. (Herbert George) Wells      Linda Catherine Wallace
Over the past many years I put together a family history book and wrote that my wife was related to the acclaimed writer H. G. Wells.   I am an amateur genealogist and have written a book but I must admit to being a bit of a luddite when  it comes to understanding genealogy charts with ease.   And although I got the charts right, technically, it's only today that I can describe the connection between she and he.   I have now determined and can put into words that Linda's great-great-grandmother, Edith Jane Wells was a first cousin of the renowned H. G. Wells.   They both had the same grandfather: William Nye Wells.   So my wife Linda is a first cousin, five times removed, of H.G. Wells ... for what it's worth.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool right!
    Love Barrys granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is pretty cool that you were able to trace back her ancestry Barry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. They both have great hair!

    ReplyDelete