Photos by Barry Wallace
Laskay Hall was built on the 6th Concession of King (Weston Rd.) in 1859, by the Sons of Temperance and became the home of the Laskay Women's Institute in 1910. It was moved five years ago and is now a key part of the King Township Museum complex, on the King Road at the west end of King City. The photo below shows Laskay Hall making the turn from Weston Road and heading to Kinghorn in 2018. Below that is Laskay Hall, 159 years later, as it appears today in Kinghorn.