Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Kettleby polo pony practicing mallet training?



                                                                                                                 Photos by Barry Wallace
Driving past the Polo Farm on Keele Street in Kettleby, on Sunday afternoon, I noticed the young pony above with a stick in his mouth.   Pulling over and grabbing my camera, I got out and called to him.   He turned and looked at me and then strolled over and dropped the rather large stick at my feet, but on his side of the fence.   I chatted him up and he gave me a facial nuzzle, then retrieved his stick and continued practising his stick-work.   Maybe he hasn't been told yet that it is the polo player who will handle the mallet.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace    

No comments:

Post a Comment