Friday, December 18, 2020

I'd never noticed this before...

 

Photo by Barry Wallace
Dozens of lightbulbs on Hydro tower
I photographed this hydro tower recently on one of the sideroads, west of Nobleton.   One of the tower's components seemed to be lit up with small lightbulbs...over a hundred of them.   It wasn't reflected sunlight because it was clouded over at the time.   There were more than one of these light bars on the tower, and other towers in the line had similar light bulbs.   I haven't a clue what they are for.   Anyone know what this is about?
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

4 comments:

  1. They are actually glass insulators Barry. You happened to be in the right position to see the sumli6 reflecting through them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Berry and thanks for all of your great posts this year.🌲⛄

    You really got myself and my wife into hiking the trails around the region. Happy Valley is still my favourite and hum how did I find out about that one?

    We got a Golden Retriever puppy named Callie I'm February before Covid hit and what a blessing she had been. She loves the trails!

    ReplyDelete