Monday, January 16, 2023

My favourite birding guide...

 

Photo by BarrytheBirder

Pictured above are two dozens of the birding guides I have collected over the years.   Many of them are similar in many ways, but each has something that distinguishes it from all the others. I also have many specialized bird books other than the field guides themselves.    The one book that is my favourite is the National Geographic Field Guide to the BIRDS of EASTERN NORTH AMERICA Published 2008).  It is the one book I turn to most often when the subject is birds.   If asked for a recommendation I always say have a look at the National Geographic Field Guides and compare all the others to them.  This is just one man's opinion, but I 've been birding seriously for over 30 years now.   Have fun!

Please comment if you wish.

BarrytheBirder

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to get the western version of N.G's field guide - this is a reminder to do so , you can never have too many books on birds. One I've had for years and would recommend is The Birder's Handbook -A field guide to the natural history of North American birds.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete