Tuesday, July 3, 2018

At the Kingbridge Centre...

Photo by Barry Wallace
KOI ~ KINGFISHER ~ CORMORANT
I dropped by the Kingbridge Conference Centre, on Jane Street, south of Kinghorn, a week ago to take a photo  of the pond and fountain (see above).  Just after I took this photo, an employee of Kingbridge was passing by and asked me if I saw the kingfisher.   I said yes I did and commented that  I was surprised to think there could be many fish in such a shallow pond which had so much algae in it.   The fellow told me someone had dumped some koi fish in the pond, which caught the eye of a kingfisher.   The colourful koi was easily spotted by the kingfisher and observers recognized the fish species as the Kingfisher flew past with a koi in its beak.   It wasn't long before a passing cormorant also spotted a koi and helped itself to a fish dinner also.   It will be interesting to see how this summer saga plays out and long the koi last.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace   



No comments:

Post a Comment