Monday, December 3, 2018

Wild Turkey visits Banner Lane backyard...

Photos by Barry Wallace
My friend, Ed Miller, who lives a couple of blocks away from me on Banner Lane, in King City, called me Sunday morning and asked if I would like to see the Wild Turkey in his backyard.   Silly question.   I put on my 'BarrytheBirder' blogging cap and scooted over to Ed's place.   The photos here show what I believe is a first-year (juvenile), male Wild Turkey.  It apparently got by the fall hunting season this year without incident.   If it stays in the village of King City (such as Ed's backyard) it will be safe from hunters in both hunts next spring and fall.   I happen to know that most wild birds are well fed in Ed's backyard.


Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment