Thursday, October 15, 2020

2nd visit to the bottom of the 11th of King...



This is all that remains of the vehicle bridge over The Humber River at the bottom of the 11th.   At one time cars could drive over thebridge from King into Vaughan.   And also at one time (decades ago) I used to drive my Jeep into the Humber River, drive around this ancient bridgework and continue down into Vaughan.   My dearly departed wife, Linda, never liked that river-crossing manoeuvre.


This soaking wet pooch greeted me in the parking area, at the start of the southern trail.   He was soaking wet - from the tip of his tail to the tip of his nose.   He had obviously been in the Humber River, moments earlier.   His owner came upon the scene and told me the dog's name was 'Tater', as in 'potater' (potato).   He added that his dog before Tater was called 'Spud'.   I hesitated to suggest that he might want to call his next dog 'Chips' or 'French Fry'.   Man and dog were a friendly and charming pair.









Views of the Humber River along this trail show the Humber to be a much broader river than the East Humber River is in other parts of King Township.




Please

comment

if you wish.





Barry Wallace

2 comments:

  1. I love the dog story Barry. I am sure you are a chip off the old block as well :)

    ReplyDelete