Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Warren Road ~ King City

 

Photo by Barry Wallace

Beautiful home torn down - only 44 years old
Pictured above is the last part of a large home that was demolished last week in King City.   This is not unique in the village.   Several homes have met a similar fate in the last year or so.   Homes built in the 50s, 60s and 70s are being demolished regularly to make way for monster homes.   I admit there are times when I am absently-mindedly driving through the village's ever-changing older subdivisions and I forget momentarily where I am or what street I'm on.   A friend has told me that the demolished home lot pictured above, is to be the future site of next year's Princess Margaret Hospital Home Lottery prize and will be somewhere between 6,500 and 7,000 sq. ft. in size.   Larger visible home numbers will be necessary, I think.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

2 comments:

  1. A sad story but a great street name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take a drive on St Johns Sideroad west of Yonge, lots of destruction going on..

    ReplyDelete