Friday, August 5, 2022

Arthritis ended my sculpture hobby...

                                                                                                                              Photos by Barry Wallace


Since moving into the Delmanor Retirement Residence in Aurora earlier this year, a few residents and staff have noticed  the pieces of sculpture I have on display.   I took up the craft/art late in life and had just got a year or so under my belt when arthritis in my upper torso (especially the wrists) took the fun out of the pastime and I set my chisel tools aside.   For a fleeting moment today, vanity took hold and I decided to show my sculpting in this blog.

Please comment if you wish.

Barry Wallace

3 comments:

  1. Very nice Barry, you are a natural

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much appreciated Warren. Barry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry that arthritis took away your ability to create sculptures. Glad you enjoyed creating with your hands for a while. Nice work. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete