Sunday, May 28, 2017

Exotic classic cars spotted in and around King...

Photos by Barry Wallace
Here are a couple of European classic cars I spotted recently hereabouts.   At top, in the Coppa's parking lot in King City, is a Rover V8 3500 S.   These were built between 1968 and 1977 in the UK. and this is the first one I have ever seen.   Meanwhile, below, is a 1973 Alfa Romeo Berlina Driver which was getting a wash by its owner, on Weston Road in Laskay.   North American-built classic cars are spotted often enough around these parts, but more and more classic cars from Europe are being seen also.   That's my 15-year-old red Jeep Liberty in the background of the bottom photo.   It was of the first 150 brought into Canada in 2002.   While I think of it, am I the only person in King not driving a late-model Range Rover?   Sheeeesh!


Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

2 comments:

  1. I noticed the 4 leaf clover and I looked it up: "Italian automobile maker Alfa Romeo used to paint a four-leaf clover, or quadrifoglio, on the side of their racing cars. This tradition started in the 1923 Targa Florio race, when driver Ugo Sivocci decorated his car with a green clover on a white background."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would never mess with the person driving that Rover...or maybe I've just seen too many Quentin Tarantino films.

    ReplyDelete