Friday, August 2, 2013

Walking the dog


                                                                                            Photo by Barry Wallace
I spotted this nun and her dog heading south on Keele Street, between the 15th and 16th Sideroads on Thursday of this week.   I stopped and asked her if I could take their picture and the good lady obliged me.   She told me she was staying at Marylake Augustinian Monastery.   She and the dog hiked on the Oak Ridges Moraine Trail up to Pine Farms Orchard on the 16th Sideroad, over to Keele Street, then down Keele Street, heading back to Marylake.   She wasn't exactly sure where she was but seemed quite confident she was headed in the right direction.   I assured her she was just a couple of hundred metres from the Marylake gate and she seemed quite pleased.   I've walked this same route myself and it's a bit of a strenuous hike.   I was quite impressed with the nun's vigour and her confidence that she was on the right path.
Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace 

3 comments:

  1. We walk around the block and that's enough for me, amazing
    lady you found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lady.
    And it has been for me the first time seeing a nun walking a dog.

    ReplyDelete