Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Sunday stroll at King City's Memorial Park

 Photos by Barry Wallace
Sunday gave up another warm sunny afternoon and Memorial park had slow-pitch baseball playoffs happening, while the tennis courts were very busy nearby.   The tennis courts parking lot was full and included an immaculate black MG sports car that caught my eye (see photos below).   It looked like it came out of the late 1950s to me and immediately reminded me of my own 1961 Austin Healy Sprite sports car, of 50 years ago.   The bottom photo shows a plaque mounted on a stone, near the tennis courts that I had never noticed before.   I was delighted to see that the plaque expressed the community's gratitude for the donation of land, for the park, by longtime residents and community stalwarts Gord and and Mary Orr.    The time spent in the park this afternoon was so very pleasant.








Please comment if you wish.
Barry Wallace

No comments:

Post a Comment